CONTEST!
I've determined that I get several hits a day (not a lot mind you) to this blog. More, of course, when I post. I'm really not much of a writer but I do like having some place to make announcements about new stuff in my shop. I just don't share much personal stuff or take the time to write about what's on my mind.
In order to maximize the hits I do get and thank those who are taking the time to visit I've decided to have a contest.
Leave me a comment with:
***A sock yarn colorway that you dream of. List off 4-7 colors and give it a name. I may or may not actually create your colorway but I'm interested in what you like and I'm terrible with naming them.
***Deadline*** Wednesday, May 1, at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time
***Two (2) winners - one chosen for my favorite colorway (the one I'll be dyeing to try) and one chosen at random.
***Winner gets*** Any one item in my shop. I'm working up some more of the sock knitting bags that will hopefully be up by then plus new yarns here and there as I get them done.
***Random Winner will be chosen when one of my adorable kiddos draw your name out of a hat. (Remind me to take pictures)
***Up to three entries per person in separate comments please.
I really can't wait to see what this contest yields. Will I even get one comment? Mia, are you out there?
36 comments:
pink, red, brown, and off white. Call it Bada Bing Cherry.
yellow,orange,red,maroon -- nasturtium
black,purple,violet and crimson - Gothic Dynamite!
Beige, cream, light brown- call it sand dunes.
cream, light blue, med. blue, and peach. Call it blueberry's & ice cream.
reds--scarlet, lipstick, firetruck, wine--with a tiny dash of true-blue navy and slightly more turqoise--called Diana's Favorite
silver-grey, silver blue, pale gold, a touch of white - Cannon Beach Morning
colors of the ocean, shades of blues...Light blue, dark blue, beige for sandy color, and maybe a little green....Tropical oasis....
Mossy green, darker green, yellow, browns, and rich, red berry color. Call it Raspberry Patch.
Rich reds, some dark pinks, a wee bit of white and a sprinkling of a grassy green. Call it Strawberries on the Vine.
shades of light blue, easing from a blue grey into subdued turquoise, a little bit of a sandy gold, stone grey and white. Pebbled Beach.
Ok...last one: cobalt blue, bottle green, a touch of ruby and sandy shades. Beach Glass.
Purple, Blue, White and gray. This matches the colors of my hot air balloon. Give it the same name---Sky Bird
Gray, lime, brown, and hunter green.
My son, Kenny, choose these colors because he says he wants a sock yarn for a boy. He chose a knitter's name and a boy's game - Frogger.
Black, Grey, White, Silver, Dark Blue. Twilight Shimmer.
Pale, medium and dark lavenders with light and medium sage greens. Call it Lust for Lavender!
Deep plum, medium and dark sapphire, silver and palest yellow. Call it Moon Dreams.
purple leaning towards blue, green, a bit of brown or tan and a little cream - lupine valley
violets, lavenders, with a touch pinks....call it:
Wysteria Lane
lavender, pink, yellow, bright light green
call it: Spring's Dream
various shades of dark blues, navy, etc. Pine Green mixed in with bits of beige/sand color.
Called: Lake Beach
bright orange, turquoise, dk blue, dusty pink, light blue, a bit of lavender, a tiny bit of gold - Caribbean sunset
deep forest green, medium gray-brown, a touch of gray, some spring green, and a splash of red brown.
Georgia pines
gold, russett, orange, scarlet, red-brown, and a hint of dk green.
Autumn woods
Pale aquamarine, gradually shading to clear blue then deep blue. Call it Caribbean. This would be the perfect colorway for a pair of socks I can see in my mind's eye, but can't find the yarn for!
barn red, bright blue, a dash of yellow, olive green and a bit of white.....a taste of Provence
light gray, lavender, teal and maybe a touch of white. i would call it "zen garden"
dark pink, magenta, dark violet, dark blue, blue green: the perfect "sunset in paradise"
Deep turquoise blue, brick red, gold, antique white, mossy green, and rich brown. Call it Americana.
Bright yellow, with some grass green, true pink, orange, light brown, sky blue and white. Call it Lemonade Stand.
shades of mauve with gray-dusty rose
very pale dusty rose going to light dusty rose, then medium, then darkest dusty rose and back again. call it antique rose
Turquoise, fuschia, white and brown. Call it Lollypalooza!
for my home state - Colorado Columbine would be mostly a deep delphinium blue, some snow white with a dash of golden yellow.
Post a Comment